Marine Plywood for Boat and Yacht Building
Marine plywood for boat and yacht building is manufactured with a durable face and core veneers with few defects so it is able to withstand humid and wet conditions for longer. It is also designed to resist delaminating and fungal attacks. You’ll find very little core gap here in order to limit...
Marine plywood for boat and yacht building is manufactured with a durable face and core veneers with few defects so it is able to withstand humid and wet conditions for longer. It is also designed to resist delaminating and fungal attacks.
You’ll find very little core gap here in order to limit the amount of water that becomes trapped inside the plywood, which helps to provide a stable glue bond. The durable face and core veneers combined with the limited core gap and stable glue bond means that Marine Plywood is essentially water proof, when used according to the manufacturers recommendations.
Marine Plywood for Boat and Yacht Building
A/B Grade or as your requests
Formaldehyde Emission Standards:
1220*2440mm (Main Size);
1530*3050mm (Max Size)
3mm - 25mm
Furniture, Shipbuilding, Construction, Decoration, Packaging
Inter packing: 0.2mm plastic;
Outer packing: bottom is pallets, covered with plastic film, around is carton or plywood, strengthen by steel or iron. or as customer's request.
Port of Delivery:
Shanghai port, Jiangyin port, China
TT or L/C at sight
15 days after deposit.
|Features of Marine Plywood for Boat and Yacht Building|
* Beautiful surface veneers,
* Low formaldehyde emission grade,
* Perfect water proof,
* Strong Nail-holding power,
* Fewest gaps and overlaps, no veneer peeling and delamination.
1. BS1088 Standard
2. Bonding WBP Glue Line: Bonding meeting the test requirements of this British Standard and using an adhesive of the type which by systematic tests and by records in service of the product over many years has been proved highly resistant to weather, micro-organisms, cold and boiling water, steam and dry heat.
3. Species of Timber: If so specified by the purchaser, Gaboon or Okoume (Aucoumea klaineana), which is classed as non-durable, may be used provided that the name of the timber is included in the mark on the boards produced.
4. Quality of Veneers: Veneers may be rotary cut or sliced. The method of cutting is at the option of the manufacturer unless it is specified by the purchaser at the time of ordering. Veneers shall be smoothly cut.
5. Face Veneers: These shall present a solid surface, free from open defects. They shall be free from knots, other than sound pin knots, of which there shall be no more than 6 in any area 30cm square (1ft2), and not more than an average of 2 per 30cm square (1ft2) over the whole area of the board. The veneers shall be reasonably free from irregular grain, due note being taken to the characteristics of the species being used. Isolated pinholes not along the plane of the veneers, and occasional closed splits are permissible. Veneers showing compression failure shall be excluded. Occasional minor discoloration is permissible. There shall be not more than one edge joint in any 30cm (1ft2) width of the board, and the veneers shall, when jointed, be matched for color. There shall be no end joints.
6. Core Veneers: The requirements for core veneers shall be the same as those for face veneers, with the following exceptions. Small splits are permitted, and there is no limitation on the number of pin knots or edge joints. Discoloration is permissible, provided this is free from dote. Veneers need not be matched for color. There shall be no end joints.
7. Moisture Content: At the time of leaving the factory, finished boards shall have moisture content from 6 to 14%.
8. Length & Width: The length or width of a board produced as a standard size shall not be less than the specified size nor more than 6.3mm (0.25") greater than the specified size
9.Squareness: The lengths of the diagonals of a board shall not differ by more than 0.25% of the length of the diagonal.
Tolerances vary as follows.
4mm +.02/-0.6 6mm +.04/-0.65 9mm +.06/-0.75 12mm +.09/-0.82
15mm +.1/-0.9 18mm +.12/-0.98 22mm +.16/-1.08 25mm +1.8/-1.16
From the above we can assume that 6mm material will arrive at thickness' between 6.04mm and 5.35mm.
11. Face Veneer thickness: For any three-ply construction, which applies to 3 and 4mm material, each face
veneer shall be not thinner than 1/8" of the total thickness of veneers assembled
12. Multi-Ply Construction
This applies to boards thicker than 4.8mm (3/16")
Each face veneer shall be a minimum of 1.3mm and not thicker than 3.8mm.
Each core veneer shall be no thicker than 4.8mm
TaiNuo's marine plywood can be cut into a variety of different shapes and sizes to suit your custom project needs. If you have a particular project for which you require a tailored marine plywood product or if you're curious to learn what's possible, Please contact us!